- Pay Rate:
£18.01 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary West Surrey Investigating Officer
Reference no: Surrey BL TCL348239
Pay rate £18.01 per hour PAYE
NPPV Level 3 Vetting required
Experienced Criminal Investigators to work within the West Surrey Child Abuse team
- To investigate allegations of child abuse or child protection incidents in order to identify, protect and safeguard primary, secondary and tertiary victims.
- To pursue the offenders of such crimes as soon as possible. Offenders should be arrested and prosecuted and if this is not possible then they should be identified and the risks to the individual(s) mitigated.
- Increase public confidence and reassurance by reducing crime, disorder and the fear of crime.
- To fully investigate allegations of abuse to ensure that all victims and those identified at risk (primary, secondary and tertiary) are appropriately safeguarded and that the offender(s) of such crimes are apprehended as soon as possible and robustly dealt with through the Criminal Justice System. In cases where arrest is not possible the offender(s) should be identified and the risk(s) mitigated and managed.
- To interview victims, witnesses and suspected offenders in cases of alleged abuse, in accordance with the Achieving Best Evidence Guidance 2011 and The Victims Code 2013. Preparing files as appropriate, to ensure that the best possible evidence is made available to the Crown Prosecution Service.
- To promptly record and monitor all external and internal intelligence relevant to offenders, victim and location
- Ensure the systems are updated as soon as possible for effective information sharing and management of risk
- To work with the victim and partner agencies to identify strategies to reduce repeat incidents.
- To ensure that victims are offered the highest level of support from our partner agencies, Children’s, Adult’s and Outreach services.
- To maintain and develop internal and external understanding of the CAT role and accessibility of Police as an organisation, clarifying any misunderstandings or misconceptions and to provide advice as required.
- Subject to divisional requirements, to actively support and assist other officers as appropriate
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A working knowledge of criminal law and of the criminal justice system
- Proven experience in investigation matters and of conducting interviews to a high standard
- The ability to communicate professionally and with empathy, alert to the dangers of ‘blaming’ and inappropriate language and with a willingness to challenge such behaviour
- The ability to operate a computer database system and/or the willingness to undertake training and become proficient in the use of Surrey Police systems
- The ability to work effectively unsupervised and as part of a team
- The ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- A full and valid driving licence for motor cars
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- NPPV Level 3 Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
West Surrey Investigating Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.