- Pay Rate:
£10.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
Temporary Weighbridge Operator - Operations
Reference no: VLA 5225134
Pay rate £10.50 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
As a Weighbridge Operator, you will ensure that all vehicles carrying waste are weighed on entering and exiting the facility in compliance with all statutory regulations and requirements. Work along with site management and administrative staff to ensure site health and safety and procedures are followed
- Monitor and record all incoming and outgoing vehicle movements via the weighbridge system.
- Manually entering data into the system only following an IT breakdown or a manual transaction signed off by the line supervisor/manager.
- Working strictly within the company guidelines and policy.
- Checking duty of care paperwork
- Issuing instructions to drivers/contractors of vehicles entering and leaving the site as required to ensure Health and Safety and operational procedures are adhered to.
- Provide excellent customer service when answering calls.
- A flexible approach to working hours and the willingness to work outside of normal hours is required from time to time, this will include working Saturdays
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good standards of IT literacy, have high organisational skills
- Be a strong communicator, have great attention to detail
- Ability to work with the minimum of supervision
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Weighbridge Operator - Operations
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.