- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Water Hygiene Officer
Reference no: Swindon RQ728787
Pay rate £17.00 per hour PAYE
Hybrid working, on site and from Home - need to be able to travel across the Borough
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Working within the existing Building Services team, responsible for the completion of L8 risk assessments both within Housing, Corporate and Operational buildings
- Develop policy for L8 Risk Assessments with support of Corporate Health & Safety and responsible persons
- Review and development of systems for Water Quality in line with ACoPs
- Review the completion of the L8 Risk Assessments
- Procurement and appointment of Specialist contractors for the completion of site monitoring
- Management of external consultants and reports on remediation works
- Validation of L8 Risk Assessments
- Completion of training and support of premises managers
- Escalation of any non-conformance by premises managers
- Prioritise remedial actions
- Escalation of non-conformities to service leads
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- City & Guilds, WMSoc or equivalent qualification in conducting Legionella Risk Assessments
- Knowledge of the control of Legionella within Water Systems
- Good working knowledge of the Health & Safety at Work Act
- Extensive contractor management experience CDM/non-CDM and project management
- Experience of water hygiene and plumbing, managing contractors within the water hygiene industry
- Ability to run training in relation to Water Hygiene
- Able to take and record water temperatures and provide on-site training for responsible persons on site
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Water Hygiene Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.