- Pay Rate:
£16.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Water Hygiene Engineer
Reference no: N Yorkshire RQ803436
Pay rate £16.00 per hour PAYE
Water Hygiene Engineer to join multi-discipline workforce. Using your practical experience and bringing a can -do attitude you will undertake survey work on a number of properties owned by parent company, Council, and assist in the running of environmental and building legislative compliance contracts. Working both individually and as part of a team your duties will involve water temperature monitoring, water sampling and hygiene monitoring of water systems. You will oversee disinfection of showers and domestic water services and the cleaning and disinfecting of cold water storage tanks, carrying out allocated service work within agreed time schedules, adhering to the company's health and safety policy and quality policy and to the relevant industry guidelines and customer specifications. Communication is key for this role: you will work with different customers, from corporate and private clients to schools; giving advice on water hygiene compliance
- TMV servicing
- Inspection of Calorifiers
- Undertaking of remedial actions to water systems
- Completing reports and paperwork as instructed by your team leader
- Be available to carry out necessary works outside normal hours with additional remuneration
- Ensure compliance with QMS, documentation to be correct and current
- Remedial works
- Any other associated duties which may be requested from time to time
- Reporting into Compliance lead
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Legionella Awareness and Legionella Risk Assessment
- Ability to collate and research data
- Conduct ACoP L8 HSG274 part 2 compliance related work
- TMV Fail Safe Testing & Calibration and Servicing
- Flushing & Testing of Expansion Vessels
- Showerhead cleaning and disinfection
- Domestic Monitoring
- Annual Tank Inspections & Clean
- Legionella Control and Management for Duty holder’s and Responsible Persons (hot and cold water systems)
- Calorifier Inspections and Blowdowns
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Water Hygiene Engineer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.