- Pay Rate:
£12.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, 06:00-14:30
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- ENFIELD, London,
Temporary Waste Collector – Waste Services
Reference no: Enfield RQ788633
Pay rate: £12.79 per hour PAYE
This role is for a refuse operative to work as a part of the Waste Services refuse collection/recycling team responsible for collecting household, industrial and commercial refuse bins on one or more specific collection rounds.
- Work as part of the Refuse Cleansing team, individually or as part of a team in all weathers, collecting waste from domestic and commercial premises in accordance with the agreed operating and safety procedures.
- Operate safely all equipment/vehicles/tools necessary for the performance of the service, including bin lifts and associated safety equipment.
- Carry out collections with due regard to property and with minimum disturbance to the public. Bins should be emptied and returned undamaged, lids should be closed, clean spillages and secure premises on exit.
- Assist the driver in the safe operation of the vehicle as appropriate, whilst ensuring the health and safety of the public at all times.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Awareness of Health and Safety issues in relation to Manual Handling.
- Ability to lift up to 25kg in weight and to undertake the continual, lifting, pulling and pushing of wheeled bins and recycling boxes in all weather conditions.
- Relevant experience of working within a demanding manual role e.g. labouring, cleaning and maintenance, waste removal, working with hydraulic equipment.
- Experience of working with mechanical equipment while in the presence of members of the public and traffic.
- Ability to work on own initiative and work as part of a team.
- Ability to maintain work written records.
- Flexible and enthusiastic with good communication skills.
- Must be physically fit as this is a demanding role walking up to 16 miles a day pushing and pulling heavy wheeled bins.
- Knowledge of Health and Safety in an operational environment and knowledge of Road Traffic Legislation and Safety.
- Experience of manual handling and physical skills required to lift, pull, and push container bins.
- Ability to work outside in all weather.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Waste Collector – Waste Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.