- Pay Rate:
£11.32 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
Temporary Vetting Researcher
Reference no: Dorset BL TCL 348019
Pay Rate: £11.32 per hour PAYE
A Vetting Researcher is required to undertake interrogation of both Forces, National and other bespoke databases and evaluate, analyse, and present relevant information to enable vetting decisions to be made by the Forces Vetting Officer / Manager and Head of Professional Standards Department.
- Interrogate, research, and analyse intelligence/information, using the Forces, National and other bespoke information systems in relation to personal data relating to applicants to the force, current staff, contractors, IAG, volunteers and non-police personnel.
- Evaluate, assess, and analyse the value of information relating to the applicant and the post/role being applied for and prepare vetting files with pertinent information, regarding sensitive enquires and confidential information for consideration by the Force Vetting Officer.
- Undertake vetting enquiries with and on behalf of both Forces, outside police forces and other agencies.
- Where an application for a business interest is made, to research databases to determine whether there are reasons why the application should not be approved.
- Where the applications are supported and no contentious issues are identified, the post holder will grant approval of that business interest.
- Maintain contact with other vetting agencies and organisations for the purpose of intelligence gathering and provide a “one stop service” for vetting within the forces and with outside agencies.
- Maintain comprehensive records of the Forces and National Security vetting decisions and other enquiries.
- Accurately record and archive relevant information in accordance with organisational policy and legislative requirements.
- Arrange vetting renewals and reviews in accordance with the appropriate Guidance.
- Provide support to the Force Vetting Officer by providing suitable advice and progressing vetting enquiries to applicants and decision makers in relation to vetting procedures whilst accounting for the need to maintain the confidentiality of all vetting information and comply with the Data Protection legislation.
- Provide administrative support to the Force Vetting Officers.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Ability to evidence sound information gathering, research and analytical skills to evaluate verity and analyse information and intelligence.
- Must be able to demonstrate a high level of competency of using information technology systems to carry out research and for the production and presentation of data, in particular Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and the Intranet.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication to present findings to staff at all levels.
- Ability to proactively organise and prioritise workloads with minimal supervision and the ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Systematic meticulous and flexible approach to the varied type of work.
- An understanding of the Data Protection principles and evidence of the ability to act with discretion and integrity is required because the post holder will be required to deal/handle with sensitive personal information.
- Experience of working with internal systems (desirable).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.