- Pay Rate:
£14.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 11 months
Temporary Vehicle Technician
Reference no: W Yorkshire BL TCL358183
Pay rate £14.79 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 11 months
To carry out the full range of duties expected of a skilled vehicle Technician and maintain the required standard of workmanship
- Lead by example and behave in line with the Police Code of Ethics ensuring that the force values and behavioural expectations are clearly understood and considered by managers, officers and staff in their decision making and actions; reinforcing and influencing them through all interactions and processes.
- Considering the economic viability of vehicle repair whilst carrying out the inspection, service/repair of a range of vehicles/plant at workshops and other locations in line with industry standards, performing road tests as required.
- Ensure all paperwork is completed to an acceptable standard to comply with manufacturers’ warranty procedures / force policy and vehicle legislation.
- Use various sources of information and equipment to carry out complex vehicle repairs, including the use of various manufacturers’ diagnostic equipment, including software updates and new component programming.
- Maintain an understanding of various pieces of Police specific equipment as fitted throughout the fleet, diagnosing and rectifying faults. Use electrical skills to perform repairs on communications, speed monitoring or other emergency equipment as required.
- Supervision and training assistance to apprentices and colleagues in order to assist with their development.
- Carry our mobile repair service throughout the force area including roadside repairs.
- Identify and utilise the correct tools, parts and materials, reporting any defects in equipment as quickly as possible.
- Knowledge of and comply with C.O.S.H.H., all Health and Safety at work regulations, the use of P.P.E. and Force Policy to ensure a safe working environment. Additionally, practice good housekeeping at all times in the workplace and to ensure work area is clean and tidy and made a safe area to work
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- City & Guilds in Motor Vehicle Engineering or equivalent (NVQ 3, BTEC)
- Apprenticed trained as a skilled Vehicle Technician
- Has detailed knowledge of modern motor vehicles and has carried out services/ repairs to manufacturers standard times
- Has detailed knowledge of relevant operating procedures, working practices and can demonstrate where such information can be found
- Can display an awareness of new technologies and has developed the necessary skills to suit
- Proven relevant experience in vehicle repair and maintenance
- Able to use personal computers and basic manufacturers software packages
- Is able to work at the required performance standards as set by the Management Team
- Has a full and current UK/European driving licence for the post
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
Please note that this vacancy is subject to a strict security vetting procedure.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours. NB: Police Vacancy - only for candidates with a minimum of 3 years continuous UK address history.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Recruitment Clearance.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.