- Pay Rate:
£350 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday - Thursday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
- STRATFORD, LONDON,
Interim Value Management Business Partner
Reference no: TLX 0008 42D2 / 1
Pay Rate: £350 per day PAYE
35 Monday - Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5-6 months
City: STRATFORD, LONDON
Basic DBS disclosure required
Hybrid working - Candidates must bring own laptop and requirements
The Value Management Business Partner is responsible for supporting the delivery of an ongoing value improvement programme across the Major Projects Directorate (MPD) portfolio including specific programmes of work in the Project management Unit (PMU's). Scope of responsibility includes discreet projects and programmes targeting specific value and improvement initiatives through the delivery lifecycle, gathering qualitative benchmarking knowledge from within and across wider government and private capital delivery portfolios, and driving a continuous improvement and innovation agenda to optimise delivery processes and outcomes.
- Responsible for the effective implementation of value, benefits and benchmarking strategy in assigned PMU by developing business area specific value management plans with the PMU/delivery leadership.
- Implements and improves processes, systems, tools, templates and techniques to optimise effectiveness of value engineering/value management programmes, ensuring ongoing alignment with Pathway.
- Organises and leads workshops as identified in the value and benefits management plan for assigned PMU, leveraging capability and experience, facilitating high profile value/lessons learned/root cause analysis and communicates value, benefits and improvement goals, activities and achievements to raise awareness of value and benefits realisation across the business areas.
- Programme manage PMU value initiatives and commitments through key stages of delivery lifecycle including Pathway stage gate meetings anticipating barriers to effective collaboration and mitigate and/or resolve recording decisions/actions and conducts tactical interventions when appropriate to ensure best possible realisation of value and benefit targets.
- Co-leads the Value Community of Practice events to share ideas, plans, initiatives and successes across the business.
- Communicates and implements knowledge sharing and Continuous Improvement (CI) strategy to bring about systematic identification, analysis and sharing of Lessons Learned (LL) and Best Practices (BP) across assigned business units. Supports the development, training and engagement of CI and LL champions/facilitators across the organisation.
- Co-leads Special Interest Groups and Communities of Practice to spread wide BP/LL knowledge sharing.
- Manages the LL portal and other searchable knowledge sharing systems analysing critical findings from assurance reviews/audits to identify and disseminate systemic issues
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Extensive knowledge of and understanding of capital projects and programmes with an emphasis on Value Management and how this supports and integrates with a wider high functioning environment.
- Extensive knowledge of PPM Systems and Tools.
- Knowledge of the professional disciplines of programme and project management in the context of complex capital projects.
- and experience of value management innovation in driving efficiencies.
- Knowledge of a multi discipline capital delivery environment and understanding of project delivery lifecycle.
- Experience of creating, adapting and monitoring process around Value Management in major projects and experience of implementing tools to support changes.
- Experience of dealing with a range of stakeholders at all levels across the organisation influencing improving process and guidance to support project delivery and reporting.
- Experience with project evaluations and business cases.
- Experience of value management in a project delivery environment
Skills & Abilities:
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills to manage and motivate teams in and outside of directorate to embed Value Management & Benchmarking in support delivery of high risk, value and complex project and programmes
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Value Management Business Partner
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.