- Pay Rate:
£13.91 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Ellesmere Port, Cheshire,
Temporary TSC Data Support Officer
Reference no: W Cheshire 5227443
Pay Rate: £13.91 per hour PAYE
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
The purpose of the role is to ensure that all data held within the Transactional Service Centre (TSC) is accurate and can be used to monitor the performance of the Service and satisfy statutory returns. To provide comprehensive data support, managing the quality assurance and preparation of data for use in regular and ad-hoc reports.
- Ensure that the data tasks integral to TSC evaluation and monitoring processes, are carried out with accuracy, efficiency and to set timescales. That the data collected is fit for purpose and is accessible to internal and external audiences at the appropriate level.
- Ensure regular data feeds to reporting systems, and carry out on-demand data reporting and preliminary analysis.
- Develop and maintain robust data quality checks and resolve data quality issues as they arise. Assist with colleague’s data and software support questions.
- Lead on the development of action plans to improve data quality, prioritizing issues that impact on the completion and accuracy of statutory returns and service targets (including key performance indicators).
- Develop and maintain business processes, guidance documents and training material as required to maximize user expertise and create a culture of good information recording practice.
- Implement system configuration and support core processes to ensure TSC data integrity and business continuity are maintained. This will include investigation and analysis of business issues to determine the optimum solution.
- To work closely with information management, ICT and business process colleagues regarding systems to support the work of the TSC.
- Develop, maintain and deliver reporting solutions (using a variety of reporting tools) so that accurate and up to date data is available to support management and statutory obligations.
- Maintain and document system configuration to ensure that its rationale and status are fully recorded and able to be maintained on an ongoing basis.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- BTEC Higher or equivalent.
- Educated to degree level desirable.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- General admin experience in a computerised environment
- Experience of producing Management Information reports and using data to inform quality assurance processes
- Experience of developing basic and advanced, regular and ad-hoc, management information reports.
- Experience of maintaining data quality in a fast moving, outcomes driven role.
- Extensive knowledge of PC systems and able to exploit systems to develop appropriate business solutions including management information.
- Able to train staff in IT usage.
Skills & Abilities:
- Able to translate ideas into practice
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to influence colleagues in order to achieve better standards of data quality and reporting.
- Ability to collate statistics in order to provide management information
- Ability to prioritise own work to meet deadlines
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via j[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
TSC Data Support Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.