- Pay Rate:
£18.36 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- MATLOCK, Derbyshire,
Temporary Tree & Woodland Officer - Million Trees Support
Reference no: Derbyshire 5235016
Pay rate: £18.36 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
City: MATLOCK, Derbyshire
A Tree & Woodland Officer is required to provide technical expertise and support the 1 million tree’s project by encouraging community involvement in planting an additional 1 million trees across Derbyshire by 2030 to combat climate change and increase biodiversity. Experience in woodland creation or urban tree planting, such as: new planting site assessments; tree species selection; designing/developing planting schemes; carrying out beat up surveys; leading/participating in tree planting activities is required for this role.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Further/higher education qualification in arboriculture, forestry, landscape design, landscape/countryside management, ecology or similar OR equivalent experience and evidence of continuing professional development (CPD).
- Experience in woodland creation or urban tree planting, such as: new planting site assessments; tree species selection; designing/developing planting schemes; carrying out beat up surveys; leading/participating in tree planting activities.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with different stakeholders, such as landowners and members of the public.
- Experience in identifying funding sources and contributing to applications.
- Experience in setting up small scale grant schemes.
- Event planning and promotion experience.
- Volunteer management experience.
- Corporate partnership experience.
- Project management or support experience.
- Experience in working towards and reporting on targets and KPIs.
- Experience in using GIS.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Tree & Woodland Officer - Million Trees Support
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.