- Pay Rate:
£12.69 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- Leicester, Leicestershire,
Temporary Transport Officer - Highways & Transportation
Reference no: Leicestershire TCL 0007 D0D5 / 1
Pay Rate: £12.69 per hour PAYE
37 hours Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
City: Leicester, Leicestershire
Enhanced DBS disclosure required for this role
Full, valid UK driving licence and access to a vehicle.
The purpose of the role is to assist in the effective, efficient and legally compliant delivery of passenger transport services
- Ensure that the services are delivered for the benefit of the people of Leicestershire.
- Maintain positive and cooperative working relationships with customers and colleagues within the team and across the service.
- Ensure activities are delivered in the most efficient and effective manner as possible.
- Ensure the effective and efficient planning and procurement of passenger transport services both manually and using available ICT systems.
- Deliver a programme of efficiency reviews of other aspects of the service, including the purchase of season tickets and the provision of transport for ‘fare paying’ passengers.
- Assist with liaison and notification of current standards with/to in-house fleet management and to external contractors.
- Assist with the provision of training courses for Clients, Contractor, Private Hire Operators and internal staff as required.
- Co-ordinate inspections of contract time-keeping, contract operation and other matters relevant to the County’s duties in respect of passenger transport.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in a relevant subject area.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Experience in running and attending meetings, must be a team player, they will require complete performance reviews and management.
- Working in a transport procurement environment.
- Collecting, collating and manipulating statistical information.
- Using databases and spreadsheets to produce reports.
- Dealing with members of the public by telephone including difficult conversations.
- Co-ordination and ensuring efficient organisation of transport services.
- Good communication skills demonstrating tact, assertiveness and diplomacy.
- Ability to liaise sympathetically and calmly with members of the public including parents and carers, and with transport providers and other external bodies, including in situations of potential conflict.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Transport Officer - Highways & Transportation
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.