- Pay Rate:
Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
- Hours per Week:
Anticipated 4 months, potentially extended
Interim Terminology Specialist / Informatics Pharmacist - DIGPSR 1JP00062206
Pay Rate: Up to £650 per day pay range subject to IR35 status
This role is currently hybrid working: predominately remote 1 day a month in office, Leeds, London, or Exeter.
This post supports the work of the Information Representations Services and specifically the terminology product areas. To supervise, author and quality assure clinical and pharmacy terminology content, maintaining and delivering SNOMED CT UK Edition, SNOMED Drug Extension, as well as derivative products, mappings and guidance. They will use expert terminology knowledge and understanding of the care process to influence design decisions on any projects/programmes that require terminology expert guidance/advice.
- Working knowledge of SNOMED/dm+d
- Experience of development of standards
- Informatics Experience
- Pharmacist or Pharmacy technologist
- Experience as a terminologist
- Provide senior terminology or technical specialist advice and guidance to internal and external stakeholders, clinical professional groups, government, system suppliers as well as end users of the terminology which underpins many strategic objectives.
- Demonstrate excellent analytical (critical) thinking skills for gathering requirements and solution challenges to synthesise, innovate and design optimal solutions for a wide variety of care settings from simple to very complex, utilising technical and domain knowledge and in some cases implementation knowledge.
- Lead on development areas or aspects of portfolio and have delegated responsibility for the product lead or department to make decisions on critical products and services.
- Manage and ensure effective contributions from team members as part of workload management and take responsibility for escalations to resolve conflicts of opinion within team or external parties and provide expert advice in the resolution of difficult issues.
- Lead external liaison activities with significant stakeholders such as professional bodies or projects/programmes often managing conflicting priorities and able to influence design decisions on any projects/programmes that require terminology expert guidance/advice.
- Lead a terminology product through regular scheduled release process, to time quality and cost, understanding the interdependencies between products across several teams and working effectively, efficiently and collaboratively.
- Conduct rigorous research within domain area of complex topics using a wide range of knowledge resources to extrapolate and report on findings, providing robust conclusions and informing final decisions / development.
- Lead on improving quality initiatives, developing a culture of continual service improvement within the team (compliant with ISO 9001).
- Experience as a terminologist / Informatics Pharmacist.
- An understanding of the history and development of clinical terminologies and the role of terminology in Electronic Health Records and interoperability.
- Detailed understanding of SNOMED CT, structure including concept models, use cases and benefits of a structured terminology together with application of this knowledge in a working role and involvement in complex terminology development eg. hierarchy restructure.
- Up to date knowledge of and full understanding of key developments in relevant professional spheres, eg health informatics, clinical / pharmacy terminologies, and clinical disciplines, which is underpinned by regular ongoing research and development activities in these areas.
- Specialist knowledge or qualifications relating to manipulation of coded data e.g. using MySQL Excel, MS Access.
- Understanding / experience of health informatics, including knowledge of recent relevant Information Strategies and current IT initiatives.
- Knowledge of project management methodology e.g. agile methodologies.
- Experience of communication with a broad range of stakeholders including technical, clinical and managerial.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, not that they would exclude candidates willing to travel/relocate, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Qualifications and experience relevant to the job role – please give full details within your CV document.
- BPSS clearance required.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Clinical Informatics - EMIS Pharmacist - Remote
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.