- Pay Rate:
£17.84 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- Norwich, Norfolk,
Temporary Tenancy Specialist – Housing
Job Ref: CLA TCL 0008 7ECB / 1
Pay Rate: £17.84 per hour PAYE
Hours per week: 35-37 Monday – 9am - 5pm or 8.30am - 4.30pm.
Role Length: This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
City: Norwich, Norfolk
Remote working - Predominantly working from home but if the candidate would like to work from the office it would be the Norwich office.
Basic DBS disclosure required for this role
The purpose of the role is to provide high level expertise on Tenancy Fraud, Anti-Social Behaviour (ASB), Domestic Abuse and legal action for tenancy enforcement. Tenancy Specialists will be responsible for case management and will work closely with field-based Neighbourhood Response Officers to ensure effective investigation of cases and that the most appropriate, cost effective and proportionate action is taken
- Managing all tenancy fraud, sub-letting and Right To Buy (RTB) fraud cases across the region, including conducting investigations or tasking colleagues to investigate locally.
- The effective case management of anti-social behaviour cases, directing and supporting colleagues with investigations and enforcement action.
- Deciding on the most appropriate action against those who commit tenancy fraud or perpetrate anti-social behaviour and the most appropriate support for victims.
- Preparing legal files and managing legal action cases for tenancy enforcement and fraud. Working with solicitors, process servers and bailiffs.
- Represent Clarion HA at court for tenancy fraud, ASB and other (non arrears) tenancy related legal cases such as legal disrepair as required.
- Managing complex tenancy management cases referred from Customer Support e.g. complex successions, complex end of tenancy reviews etc.
- Liaising with and assisting the Police and other partners to acquire evidence that can be used to identify fraud and/or criminal proceedings. This may include interviews at the Police station and /or on surveillance operations to ensure a co-ordinated response.
- Liaising with internal and external agencies such as Women’s Aid, NFI, local authorities, mediation, solicitors or support services.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Must have extensive ASB experience.
- An excellent understanding of anti-social behaviour and/or tenancy fraud.
- Excellent knowledge of relevant legislation in respect to tenancy management, fraud, ASB and legal disrepair
- Experience of investigative interviewing, ideally for fraud and/or ASB.
- Good investigative, intelligence gathering and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communicator, able to adapt approach to the audience.
- Able to develop effective working relationships with colleagues across the organisation and external agencies.
- Experience of successful case management with positive outcomes.
- Ability to travel across the region.
- Able to work early mornings or evenings if required to support investigation work.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Tenancy Specialist – Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.