- Pay Rate:
£360.00 per day PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
- HONITON, Devon,
Interim Tenancy Services Manager – Housing Services
Reference no: E Devon 5234202
Pay rate: £360.00 per day PAYE
Hours per week: 37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3-4 months
City: HONITON, Devon
Hybrid working, offices in Honiton and Exmouth
Basic DBS required for this role
Full UK Driving Licence
An experienced Tenancy Services Manager is required to provide leadership to teams to effectively deliver the day to day activities of the housing service. The Housing Service teams deliver a range of services to Council tenants, including management of income, estate management, tenant participation and involvement, community development, housing related support service and community alarm service (Home Safeguard). To also identify opportunities for service improvement and use excellent coaching and mentoring skills to develop your teams to deliver a high quality customer service.
- Manage activities and projects which ensures that the Housing Service provides a comprehensive, effective and efficient, value for money service to customers.
- Monitor and report on the performance of the Housing Service team and ensure that the Performance Indicators are reported accurately and targets are achieved.
- Set and maintain appropriate standards of performance and conduct; take appropriate action, including formal action when required (after consultation with the Housing Service Assistant Director).
- Ensure awareness of and compliance with the Council’s policies, Codes of Conduct and Constitution for yourself and the Housing Service teams.
- Establish and maintain a comprehensive, up to date policy and procedure manual for Housing Services and review it on an annual basis ensuring that these are communicated effectively to all teams and teams are fully trained to understand and deliver these policies and procedures effectively and efficiently.
- Be part of or lead multi-disciplinary and corporate teams as needed to identify and make improvements to service delivery and performance.
- Provide effective leadership and strong performance management of the Housing Service teams using service planning and measurement, the Performance Excellence Framework (PERs), regular one to ones and team meetings.
- Assist in establishing annual budgets including the Housing Revenue Account.
- Deliver an estates management service that addresses anti-social behaviour and other tenancy compliance issues, tenancy fraud, tenancy checks, communal cleaning, etc. Manage and develop an effective system of tenant involvement and consultation, consistent with tenant wishes and the requirements of the regulatory framework. Advance tenant participation and involvement to ensure that tenants and leaseholders influence the management and maintenance of their homes.
- Ensure that new tenants are welcomed and the tenancy sustainment process applies, reducing the opportunity for tenant fraud. Develop the sheltered housing service for older and vulnerable tenants, including private sector support services.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via job[email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- A qualified housing professional already qualified at Chartered Institute of Housing level 5 or willing to work toward achieving.
- An experienced Housing Professional with experience of working in a local authority or social housing environment.
- Project management experience and/or qualification desirable.
- Evidence of practical experience related to the role.
- Experience of working closely with customers.
- Extensive experience of managing effective service delivery.
- Experience as an effective people manager; able to act as an engaging leader and coach, managing to achieve positive performance. Familiar with the change process, workforce planning and restructuring as well as effective people practices and processes.
- Experience in managing Estates and Sheltered as well as Community teams desirable.
- Experience of managing a budget as well as procurement process and contract management desirable.
- Knowledge of current issues in local government.
- Knowledge of current housing issues, legislation, regulation and housing finance.
- Able to demonstrate delivery of housing projects on time and within budget.
Skills & Abilities:
- A confident communicator with excellent people skills.
- Solution focused, able to use data and evidence to support development and delivery against KPIs.
- Ability to seek to improve performance to deliver good outcomes for tenants and residents and well as developing people to encourage and promote talent.
- Able to work collaboratively and supportively as part of a professional team.
- Able to manage conflicting priorities and deliver against deadlines.
- Able to develop and implement effective policies, procedures and processes.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills, able to put into plain English principles and adapt to different audiences.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Tenancy Services Manager – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.