- Pay Rate:
up to £24.72 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- CATFORD, LONDON,
Tenancy Management & Resettlement Officer
Reference no: Lewisham 0006 D370 / 1
Pay rate up to £24.72 per hour PAYE depending on experience
Basic DBS disclosure required
The candidate for this role needs to provide excellent tenancy sustainment support ensuring tenancies in the private rented sector are sustained to provide safe and secure housing for our customers whilst meeting local and corporate objectives. Customer Care, lettings advice and supporting the tenant to sustain their tenancy is a major part of this role. In line with maximizing the number of homeless households who can move successfully into good quality, affordable private rented accommodation from various services. To promote the use of the private rented sector as a viable alternative to social rented housing, in order to encourage independence, prevent homelessness, provide settled housing solutions and reduce the Council’s use of temporary accommodation
- Work effectively within the private sector to increase the supply of good quality accommodation for households in housing need to meet individual and team targets.
- To carry out inspections of properties in order to assess their suitability for households in housing need.
- Assess prospective customer’s suitability for private rented accommodation by reviewing their housing history, making enquiries into their financial situation, and establishing whether or not they are able to meet the rent and comply with the tenancy conditions.
- Undertake accompanied viewings with prospective customers and provide them with expert advice and guidance on all aspects of letting (including housing benefit and the conditions of tenancy) in order to help them make informed decisions.
- Ensure all private rented sector accommodation procured is of the size, type and location required by prospective customer, complies with all health and safety & planning regulations and is in compliance with the Council’s location priority policy.
- To act as the first point of contact for landlords and tenants who are experiencing difficulties in sustaining tenancies, including acting as a negotiator and or mediator between disputing parties to resolve contractual issues to ensure compliance with the legal framework to sustain tenancies.
- Provide a comprehensive tenancy sign up and sustainment service to ensure assured short hold tenancies (prevention, discharge) and non-secure tenancies (temporary accommodation) are successfully signed up and sustained.
- Ensure customers are settled into their private rented sector accommodation and fully made aware local services such as doctor’s surgeries, schools, police station, CAB office, dentist surgeries etc.
- To understand, and keep up to date with local and national policies affected by legislation with regard to welfare reforms and housing.
- Ensure all properties are maintained to a high standard investigate persistent disrepair complaints and/or to take property inventories for those properties accessing the Council’s incentive and or bond scheme
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A good standard of education, including excellent levels of numeracy and literacy
- Excellent current knowledge of private rented sector housing market and contracts, particularly the issues affecting private rented sector customers and landlords
- Knowledge of private sector housing law, health and safety rating system and other health and safety regulations (gas , electrics and energy efficiency) and legislation relating to the letting of private sector tenancies
- A good knowledge and understanding of the government’s welfare reform and its implications on the private rented sector
- Experience of effectively working with landlords, letting agents and other accommodation suppliers
- Experience of providing an excellent level of customer care and customer service in a comparable customer service environment
- Experience of prioritising competing demands in a pressurised environment, recognize service priorities and manage a caseload within agreed targets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with an ability to explain complex information clearly to a range of audiences
- Ability to be proactive and response and go the “extra mile”
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Tenancy Management & Resettlement Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.