- Pay Rate:
£15.92 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
- CAMDEN, LONDON,
Job Ref: Camden RQ637319
To carry out building repairs, maintenance and renewals ranging from emergency and other routine reactive repairs on numerous sites daily to single site programmed repairs and refurbishment work in occupied and void housing properties and other premises in accordance with best trade practice and to current standards and regulations
- Undertake all aspects of building repairs, maintenance and renewals within own trade discipline ranging from routine reactive repairs to major renewals and refurbishment work in occupied and void properties
- Carry out building repairs, maintenance and renewals in other trades related to and associated with own trade discipline in a proficient manner.
- Carry out building repairs, maintenance and renewals in a range of trade disciplines in a proficient manner (applies to Multi-trade role)
- Provide excellent standards of customer care and achieve high customer satisfaction with all completed work. To keep all appointments and cause the minimum inconvenience to the resident when completing works giving due regard to their personal circumstances, needs and belongings
- Keep in regular contact with Repairs Team Supervisors and Planners to provide updates on the progress of work and ensure repairs are completed Right First Time
- Ensure safe methods of working and full compliance with health & safety regulations at all times. Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of current standards, regulations and best practice.
- Responsible for the efficient and cost effective use, storage and safe keeping of plant, materials and other consumables and minimise waste in the completion of work.
- Carry out all work to a consistently high standard of quality, performance and productivity and ensure the best value for money is achieved in completing work.
- Complete all documentation accurately and timely, for example daily work records, schedules and material / plant requisitions required for the proper running and administration of the organisation.
- Interpret and work from all instructions, drawings and specifications with minimum supervision and use own initiative to diagnose and resolve work problems utilising the most effective solution
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Completed apprenticeship / City & Guilds / NVQ qualification or demonstrable trade experience
- Knowledge, understanding and commitment to the principles of Health & Safety at Work
- Experience of working in a maintenance environment on properties in occupation
- Experience of working as part of a team in a multi-skilled environment
- Ability to carry out a range of building maintenance work within own trade discipline and ideally in trades related to or associated with own trade
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.