- Pay Rate:
£12.91 per hour, PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 5 months
- South Shields,
Temporary Vehicle Technician- Fleet
Reference no: South Tyneside 6873813806391
Pay rate: £12.91 per hour, PAYE
Full current driving licence
The post-holder will be expected to inspect, maintain and repair vehicles and plant.
- Undertaking inspections of vehicles to ‘O’ licence standards.
- Preparing vehicles for annual MOT.
- Carrying out vehicle and plant servicing, maintenance and repairs.
- Light welding, heating and cutting.
- Carrying out fabrication work.
- Ply-lining vehicles.
- Carrying out bodywork repairs including painting.
- Carrying out electrical repairs to vehicles and plant.
- Participating in vehicle and plant recovery.
- Recovering abandoned vehicles.
- Collecting vehicle spares.
- Cleaning vehicles undergoing repairs.
- Delivering and collecting vehicles.
- Maintaining statutory records and servicing/defect documentation.
- Carrying out tyre changing and puncture repairs.
- Assisting with providing mechanical cover for seasonal events, as required outside of core working hours.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Knowledge / Technical skills:
- Appropriate City and Guilds Motor Vehicle Maintenance qualifications at Level 3 or equivalent
- Qualified MOT tester for class 5 - desirable
- Qualified MOT tester for classes 4 and 7 – desirable
- Substantial post apprenticeship experience in maintaining and repairing light and heavy commercial vehicles
- Experience of auto electrical work
- Experience of completing vehicle inspection reports/defect documentation
- Full driving Licence
Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to schedule activities; collate data; and use basic, job-related equipment.
- Flexible approach to work
- Ability to work with with others; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and utilize equipment under a variety of conditions for multiple purposes.
- Problem solving skills with
- Display mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to communicate effectively by telephone, in writing and face to face.
- Good attention to detail
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Vehicle Technician- Fleet
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.