- Pay Rate:
£11.50 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00
This opening assignment is for 6-7 months
Undertake the manufacture and installation of UPVC windows and doors, general trades maintenance, PAMS improvements and refurbishments to domestic and untenanted properties in more than one trade discipline.
- Provide a multi-skilled service subject to determined competence levels and undertake work outside that associated with the post holders recognised trade background but appropriate to the grade and experience. Additional training will be provided if required.
- Pre-inspect, measure and diagnose repair/renewal requirements to identify required resources, materials and plant to undertake window frabrication and install, building maintenance works and ensure the efficient use of these resources.
- Ensure that Housing Repair Opertations HRO / Planned Asset maintenance programme PAMS improvement works are undertaken in a considerate manner within agreed timescales, meeting customer satisfaction and needs.
- Maintain the required level of performance in respect of productive output, attendance, job completion deadlines, kept appointments and customer satisfaction to ensure value for money, quality of outputs to all service stakeholders and contribute towards the financial viability of Housing Repair Operations / PAMS Section.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Completed a recognised time served apprenticeship and/or completion of an accredited Building Craft Training scheme
- Attainment of an NVQ Level 2 qualification in an appropriate trade.
- NVQ 3 or equivalent in alternative trade – desirable
- Relevant experience within a UPVC window and door fabrication, repairs, maintenance, refurbishment or new build environment
- Previous local government/housing association/health board trust experience – desirable
- Knowledge of relevant Risk Assessments, Method Statements, Safe Systems of Work and Health and Safety issues relating to the post.
- Knowledge and experience in undertaking associated UPVC fabrication and building trade skills.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written form.
- Competent in another trade.
- Ability to interpret and action technical instructions.
- Ability to utilise technology in the workplace.
- Capable of working on own initiative or within a team environment.
- Ability to prioritise work.
- Ability to operate in a multi-task, multi-functional environment and perform designated jobs or multi-functional tasks.
- Must possess good diagnostic skills and experience to pre-inspect and diagnose requirements for repairs, maintenance, new domestic, commercial and industrial installations or refurbishments.
- Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Full Category B (Cars) driving licence to drive a Council van
- Flexible in approach to working hours during the normal working week and job skills
- Availability and willingness to work during an emergency situation if required.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via [email protected] but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Temporary UPVC Fabricator - Housing
Anticipated Length of Assignment: Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent.
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.