- Pay Rate:
£10.41 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Tuition Service Administrator
Reference no: Bracknell RQ681211
Pay Rate: £10.41 per hour PAYE
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
The purpose of the role is to maintain office systems, including general word processing; filing and data entry of records, some of which may include sensitive or confidential information; collating such information as required to meet the needs of local and national government; entering data on Local Authority databases as required system and running reports as required. Support the maintenance of financial and statistical records as required.
- Support the effective and efficient delivery of the Education Tuition Service for Children and Young People of statutory school age who are unable to attend school due to their medical needs.
- Provide support to the Tuition Service Manager and Lead Tutor.
- To be the first point of contact for Parents, Carers, Tutors and referring Professionals.
- Work in partnership with the Tuition Business Support Officer.
- Responding to the enquiries and referrals from schools for the Tuition Service.
- Note taking at the Admission Panel meetings.
- Booking Tuition venues.
- Photocopying and preparation of teaching materials for tutors.
- Monitoring of pupil attendance.
- Maintaining pupils records.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to a minimum GCSE standard, including English and Mathematics at Grade C or above (or equivalent).
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Understanding of and commitment to the requirements of safeguarding children, young people, vulnerable adults and promoting their welfare.
- Experience of working within an education setting and knowledge of how schools function
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate clearly and confidently both orally and in writing, with officers at all levels in the Council, plus external partners and stakeholders including parents, carers, schools and other professionals.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills, with experience of working in a fast-paced environment and prioritising to meet deadlines and targets
- Ability to work flexibly, and as part of a team, and to assist other staff and management to meet deadlines and targets
- Discrete and experienced in dealing with confidential and sensitive matters.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Tuition Service Administrator
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.