- Pay Rate:
£19.34 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
- Lambeth, London,
Temporary SEND Travel Support Monitoring & Finance Officer – Special Educational Needs & Disability Education
Job Ref: Lambeth RQ631896
Enhanced DBS required.
The post holder must be able to work flexibly between the hours of 07:00-18:00 hrs. They will be required to work outside of core hours on a regular basis to work flexibly as part of this small team to ensure that the service is covered for 10 hours daily to ensure that risks to children are minimised and that the front-line service is provided appropriately
The post holder will be required to travel between sites, including sites out of Borough. Ideally, the postholder will drive and have a car but payment of travel expenses will be reimbursed if using other travel methods.
SEND travel support is provided for children with a Statement of Special Education Need and Disability (SEND) or an Education Healthcare Plan (EHCP) who have been assessed as eligible. Travel support is offered by means of home to school transport, independent travel training or travel reimbursements. The post holder will have responsibility for monitoring the home to school transport contracts and monitoring the use of travel reimbursements, with specific regard to contract specifications and budget monitoring.
The post holder will be sensitive to and have an understanding of the pupil’s specific needs and the impact that transport can have on their education. In respect of this specific part of the service for which the post holder will have direct responsibility there are considerable health and safety risks and pupil care issues which need to be sensitively and professionally managed and should be paramount in all decisions taken by the post holder and prioritised when monitoring contracts. Candidates must be competent with finance, processing and understanding data with good customer services skills.
- Provide a comprehensive and integrated financial and information service in relation to all aspects of SEND Travel Support.
- Act as an expert in the provision of transport services and to keep up to date on developments in legislation and good practice.
- Monitor on a regular and pro-active basis the performance of all contracted services ensuring that services meet the specific needs of each individual pupil and the specified standards defined in the contract specification by physical inspections and a review of performance data.
- Inspect the contractors to ensure that they and their staff are licensed by the Public Carriage Office (PCO) and that enhanced CRB disclosures are current and in place to ensure that the service complies with legislation, the contract specification and that any risk to children is minimised.
- Provide data to inform contract management meeting with suppliers and to attend meeting as required.
- Manage Oracle financial system as it relates to raising Purchase Orders, handling invoices and receipting of goods received and adhere to the scheme of financial delegation.
- Verify and approve supplier’s invoices and parental travel reimbursements, dealing with disputes where applicable.
- Secure customer feedback from schools, parents, carers and pupils as part of the day-to-day monitoring function.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience & Skills:
- Experience gained in a Local Authority or other external agency relating to the setting up and maintaining of contract monitoring systems.
- A minimum of 1 year experience gained in a Local Authority setting relating to the setting up and maintaining of databases, management information systems, Oracle and reporting of statistical information.
- Up to date expertise in relation to Local Authority transport services.
- Experience of working with data bases and data protection.
- Experience working with a range of customers and staff and communicating effectively both verbally and written.
- Good customer service skills and experience of dealing with a wide range of challenging customers situations.
- Experience of working to tight deadlines under pressure.
- Thorough knowledge of legislation, statutory regulations, Government guidance, in particular monitoring requirements relevant to contracts for children and young people and specifically for transport for children with special needs.
- Knowledge of good contract management practice, service monitoring, record keeping and statistical monitoring. Specific knowledge of school transport service and the legislation that governs it as appropriate
- An understanding of the importance of service delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Knowledge of good financial management practice, record keeping and invoice verification and reconciliation
- Knowledge of computerised management systems and Oracle financial system.
- Competence in the use of IT systems including MS Office, Excel, Outlook and Access.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Monitoring & Finance Officer / Administrative - SEND Travel
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.