- Pay Rate:
£12.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Temporary Travel Officer - Neighbourhood Services
Reference no: Wirral RQ682352
Enhanced DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role
Must be able to travel around the Borough using push bike, public or private transport.
The post holder will develop and deliver tailored interventions / programmes to encourage active modes of travel, liaising with schools / businesses / local communities and key stakeholders.
- Work with the specified community to deliver a range of interventions to contribute to behaviour change towards road safety & active travel, including the delivery of the Modeshift programme.
- Work alongside key stakeholders, including partner agencies to address travel and transport issues to enable safer journeys for all.
- Undertake surveys with local community to understand the barriers to making safe, active travel choices. Analyse the responses to provide tailored support. Produce reports for colleagues/partners and council committees as required.
- Set up and oversee steering groups within defined community to deliver action plans for behaviour change to support local initiatives including School Streets.
- Deliver a range of activities and initiatives tailored to the local setting, such as (but not limited to) Modeshift STARS accreditation, event days and promotion and participation in local or national campaigns such as Clean Air Day, Walk once a Week or Bike Month.
- Monitor initiatives and report back to the Team Leader on the progress including the Modeshift programme, local action plans and prepare delivery reports.
- To organise and promote publicity and awareness events within the defined community as appropriate.
- To work in partnership with colleagues and other organisations to establish and contribute towards solutions for safer local sustainable transport issues.
- Organise and deliver appropriate safer active travel advice and training courses, including the design of suitable materials as appropriate. Work intensively with communities on a one to one or group basis to effect positive change.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSEs in English and Maths.
- Demonstrable, successful partnership working.
- Experience of delivering similar work within the last 3 years
- Experience teaching or coaching groups or individuals.
- Experience of effectively managing multiple workstreams and stakeholders in a variety of settings.
Skills & Experience:
- Ability to problem solve and select appropriate interventions for the audience to overcome barriers.
- Confident in delivering presentations and interventions to groups or individuals.
- Communicate effectively with members of the public, elected members and stakeholders.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Working knowledge and an interest in the field of behaviour change / climate and environment / road safety / health and fitness.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Travel Officer - Neighbourhood Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.