- Pay Rate:
£13.18 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Transport Finance & Assessment Officer
Job Ref: RQ592297
To be responsible for the interpretation of key financial systems within the Transport unit and provide recommendations related to on-going saving targets
- To identify areas of financial cost savings in the delivery of transport for pupils with SEN and, working with the specialist staff in the Children’s Services Directorate, develop systems and solutions to realise those savings.
- To research and advise on Travel Technology development relating to Home to School Transport and to Transport Financial Systems.
- To produce monthly performance reports on Financial Key Performance Indicators including plans of action to address under-performance.
- Identify data needs to record progress and impact of these changes and be responsible for establishing the data capture and analysis to be able to report impact in savings and meeting of the Authority's statutory responsibilities.
- To produce financial and specialist reports to assist with budget, project work, as well as including annual pre-assessment planning as necessary.
- To be responsible for making decisions on pupil eligibility through applying the Home to School Travel & Transport policy
- To assess applications made regarding medical or special education need and review annually.
- To assess applications against unsuitable walking routes and maintain a full record for the areas
- To make recommendations related to the Council’s Post-16 Annual Transport Statement and to liaise / coordinate with all other interested parties, to include Department for Education, Colleges, Sixth Forms.
- To work with the Pupil Admission Service to realise efficiency savings, including policy alignment
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A Level 5 qualification such as Foundation Degree or NVQ level 5 or equivalent experience in a relevant subject such as Accounting or Finance
- Specialist knowledge of databases and spread sheets including the manipulation of data, development of reports, and understanding and development of interfaces with other systems
- Significant experience of interpreting and making recommendation on policies and procedures
- Significant experience of year end processes and production of final accounts
- Significant experience of monitoring large budgets and financial procedures
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work with and negotiate with Senior Management on matters relating to Home to School Policy or Finance
- Ability to link work in one area of with work of other areas within the team or Council
- Ability to communicate on Financial and Education issues to a non-technical audience
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Transport Finance & Assessment Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.