- Pay Rate:
£19.96 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Tenancy Liaison Officer
Job Ref: RQ614069
To assist the Housing Solutions Manager in strengthening the Councils role in the private housing sector to promote and operate initiatives under the Council’s Housing Solutions team and Local Lettings Agency
- Supervisory responsibility
- Delivery of an effective, customer friendly, professional and supportive individualised service to customers
- Provide a customer-focused service by resolving issues and finding solutions to maximise the options and opportunities available to customers
- Contribute to the development of procedures, policies and strategies to meet the challenges, new demands and pressures on the service
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSE Grade A-C (or equivalent) in English Language and Mathematics
- Knowledge of the operation of the private sector rental market
- An understanding of the impact of national and local policies and how they influence local government processes, drivers, structures and work practices
- Experience of working with private sector landlords
- Experience working in a busy front facing customer focused environment to give advice and information to vulnerable customers
- Negotiating skills at the appropriate standard to liaise with landlords and agents
- Ability to manage and direct own workload and act on own initiative
- Ability to deliver at pace and quickly to tight timescales, balancing both immediate term priorities and longer-term goals
- Ability to work on own initiative and manage own workload
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Tenancy Liaison Officer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.