- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Tenancy Advice Assistant - Housing
Job Ref: Bournemouth 5211634
To ensure that all customer enquiries are dealt with effectively and efficiently in accordance with the Council’s policies and service standards
- To provide an excellent service to customers to meet their individual needs.
- To undertake customer satisfaction surveys and elicit customer feedback.
- To ensure that any payments received from customers are receipted in accordance with the Council’s procedures.
- To deal with contacts from tenants, other residents and third parties and log such customer contact on the Council’s Northgate Housing IT system.
- To provide basic advice and information to customers on housing management matters and other issues to answer customer contact.
- To provide a reception service and deal with customer queries received through the integrated reception desk.
- To receive complaints of anti-social behaviour and deal with these in accordance with policies and procedure.
- To manage low level anti-social behaviour cases and escalate higher level cases accordingly to Housing Officers and the Anti-Social Behaviour Team.
- To manage cases resulting from initial customer contact, e.g. permission for pets and changes to the tenancy agreement.
- To manage cases in accordance with policies and procedure where access has not been provided for gas servicing and escalate cases accordingly to legal action
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- An ability to work under pressure
- Able to use your own initiative to deal with a variety of challenging and difficult situations
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Tenancy Advice Assistant - Housing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.