Sunderland 2021 AGY 60
- Pay Rate:
£10.41 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Building Services have a requirement to recruit 2x Technical Officers to support our existing Technical Team and operational areas in the delivery of building repairs and maintenance. Your role will involve working alongside our operational officers, planning, scheduling and responding to work requests across the department.
The role will also include financial transactions and the administration of material and contractor requirements. Full training will be given however it is expected that experience of working within a Building Repairs and Maintenance environment will be an advantage.
- Providing verbal information to managers and customers.
- Provide a range of written correspondence (e-mail, letters, etc) and produce reports as directed by the Team Leader.
- To customers, suppliers, managers, supervisors and members of the general public on contract and servicing related requests.
- To support customers, staff and suppliers, deal with difficult situations and seek amicable resolutions to problems.
- To ensure positive relationships with customers being at the centre of the service, ensuring that work is completed consistently to a high quality and within expected timescales and achieving excellent levels of customer satisfaction maintaining Sunderland City Council image and values at all times.
- By liaising with customers to assess their requirements and future needs in order to ensure the continued delivery of high quality services.
- To ensure customers are informed in a timely manner of any changes and that these changes are documented.
- To ensure that all duties are carried out to expected standards and within agreed timescales, in order to meet the needs of the customer.
- To ensure that all company policies and health and safety requirements as laid down by the authority are adopted to allow safe working practices.
- By assisting the Team Leader establishing priorities.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Able to work in isolated roles
- Makes strengths and achievements known to others
- Makes final decisions on their own
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.