- Pay Rate:
£19.06 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
- ISLINGTON, LONDON,
Temporary Technical Officer - Highways
Job Ref: Islington RQ677729
Pay Rate: £19.06 per hour PAYE
Technical Officer/Inspector required for our busy Streetworks team with site and office experience. This includes coordination and inspection of utility works and licensing of activities on the highway using mobile devices to access Street Manager and Symology systems
- To assist the team to provide, maintain, develop, design, implement, evaluate, review and pro-actively improve the services provided by the Service in accordance with Council policy
- To control and respond to correspondence, ensuring Council deadlines are met.
- To assist in the development of local IT applications, such as Excel, Access, Word.
- To develop general office processes and procedures.
- To manage and assist in the development of financial and project monitoring systems.
- To ensure that internet pages are up to date and continuously improved.
- Be the focal point for all customer and internal enquiries to achieve a consistent approach across the service.
- Ensure that the team is represented accurately in all forms of communication media.
- Represent the team leader at meetings.
- Manage the arrangements of team meetings, supervising administrative staff, producing and distributing minutes
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Accreditation for the supervision of works under NRSWA 1991 for Streetworks posts
- An understanding of the principal responsibilities of, and the key issues facing, local government
- Professional, office or administrative experience in a complex organisation
- Experience in the various forms of public consultation techniques and working effectively towards user participation to meet Customer/Client expectations and requirements
- Experience in the use of IT word processing, spreadsheets, presentation packages, databases, (and autocad/GIS/lighting design packages if applicable)
- Experience of and the ability to, deputise the role of line manager, to control the workload of individuals and of the team, and to train staff in their duties
- Ability to carry out highway site inspections and analysis (for streetworks posts) and an awareness of the environment issues facing an inner central London Borough
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Technical Officer - Highways
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.