- Pay Rate:
£12.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Team Leader - Operations
Job Ref: 8239613551010
The post holder will specifically manage and supervise the cleaning operations team (including high level cleaning teams and emergency response activities) on a day to day basis
- To carry out the administrative aspects of the Council’s Service in compliance of the Statutory requirements and adopted procedures and deputise for the Team Leader Operations Support in this area.
- To carrying out of all technical and general administrative functions within the section
- To undertake the security and recording of monies and cheques in accordance with financial regulations.
- To deputise for the Team Leader Operations Support as required and contribute to the overall management of the Operations Section, taking responsibility for the day to day functions.
- To contribute to the overall development of Services within the Borough
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- IOSH for supervisors or working toward this
- Must possess a sound knowledge municipal operations including street cleansing, waste and recycling and grounds maintenance
- Must possess a varied knowledge of vehicle plant and machinery for use within the operational environment
- Experience of working in a results orientated culture
- Experience of driving / operating vehicles, equipment and plant utilised for street cleansing, grounds maintenance and waste
- Must possess strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Ability to interpret plans, specifications and bills of quantities and undertake hard and soft landscape quotations
- Ability to carry out complex tasks, street signs, play inspections, estimations
- Accurate maintenance of collection round information, both manually and via IT systems as directed
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Team Leader - Operations
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.