- Pay Rate:
£15.37 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Team Admin Support Worker
Job Ref: Merton 5211664
To provide an effective and efficient high standard of administrative, practical and financial support to the Managers and teams in Children’s Social Care & Youth Justice Division
- To provide an effective, efficient service for administrative and operational tasks to support the services for all administration, reporting, finance and other duties to enable Managers and Social Workers to fulfil their duties and responsibilities to our children and young people.
- To work flexibly across the Division and inclusive of satellite buildings to provide support and to cover other Team Support Workers and to carry out any other reasonable duties as required by the needs of the services to include, on rare occasions to work 'outside of core business hours' where critical or essential to do so and with Management’s consideration of any individuals personal circumstances. The purpose is to have the flexibility if needed to provide some low level occasional practical support for the teams
- Merton Council are working towards new ways of working in consideration of the changes to the way we work as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic.
- To work independently and as a team member, to develop specialist administrative and practical support skills providing a high level of accuracy for administrative responsibilities.
- To support in the development and implementation of business processes and business improvement processes in line with the service plans and operating models for Children's Social Care and Youth Justice
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent or NVQ Level 3 or equivalent qualification or experience in relevant discipline
- Experience of supporting on project work
- Experience of performing a wide range of administrative tasks and follow written policies and procedures
- Excellent communication skills – written and personal
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Team Admin Support Worker
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.