- Pay Rate:
£19.30 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Surveyor – Housing Services
Reference no: ATR 5209091
The Surveyors will have responsibility for providing surveying activities and contract administration duties for all maintenance services within their portfolio regions. Surveyors will be assigned major works and cyclical programmes to deliver and allocated a geographical patch that is aligned to a housing neighbourhood officer (where possible). They will be responsible for surveying any void properties, surveying repairs that have be requested by customers, post inspections, identifying all communal repairs and ensuring these are managed through to completion. Decisions made at this level include:
- Identify works require to a void to meet Aster lettable standard.
- Undertake domestic and commercial building surveys to provide advice on matters such as construction defects, disrepair and dilapidations.
- Produce detailed reports concerning findings including options for remedial solutions with cost estimates and proposals regarding safe methods of work.
- Provide advice to colleagues regarding legislative matters such Planning and Building Regulations approval etc.
- Keeping abreast of industry law and best practice and how to apply them to our operations.
- Working with and influencing colleagues in other parts of the business to achieve operational outcomes.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Relevant technical (HNC or higher) qualification in Building, Surveying, Planning or similar technical field.
- RICS or CIOB membership
- Management Skills Training/ Accreditation
- Minimum of 12 months recent surveying experience in a similar role, or context
- Knowledge & Experience:
- Project Management Techniques
- Contract administration including the accounting processes
- Supervision of maintenance and improvements programmes in occupied dwellings
- Carrying out structural surveys and preparing subsequent reports
- Supervision of multi-trade contracts from initial offer to closure
- Performance Management relating to employees, contracts and delivery
- Working knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation with particular reference to the building and construction sector
- Current methods, standards and initiatives relating to repair and refurbishment of residential dwellings
- Risk Management – theory and application
- Conversant with CDM regulations and other relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Building and Maintenance legislation
- Up to date knowledge of The Party Wall Act/HHSRS legislation and current Building Regulations.
- Building survey methodologies
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Able to provide a flexible approach to work, and occasionally undertake work outside normal office hours
- Current, full driving licence or the ability to travel around the local vicinity
- Willing to undertake evening and weekend resident and client meetings
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Surveyor – Housing Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.