- Pay Rate:
£15.75 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
- SOUTHWARK, London,
Full Job Title: Temporary Supported Pathways Co-ordinator – Housing Support
Reference no: Southwark 5208753
Basic DBS disclosure required
To assess single customers with support needs and create supported housing pathways in accordance with the Homelessness Act 2017.
To work in partnership with the supported housing providers to create move on plans for customers that are ready for independent living.
To ensure that officers use the Council's supported housing database are supported to deliver correct and appropriate referrals.
To liaise with key partners and stakeholders and ensure that additional support such as mental health, drugs and alcohol recovery are provided for customers that are in need.
To work with the Private Rented Sector and Financial Inclusion Teams to ensure single customers with support needs understand their rights and responsibilities along with possible benefits that are available to this cohort.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Thorough understanding of inner city housing issues and in particular Rough sleeping and Supported housing provision
- Awareness of issues and challenges facing rough sleeping and solutions to eliminate Rough Sleeping
- Knowledge of housing benefit rules and regulations, welfare benefits and issues relating to living in supported housing - desirable
- Experience of providing an effective engaged face to face service to vulnerable members of the public and the voluntarily sector - desirable
- Experience of leading or working with others to deliver results
- Experience of monitoring and /or delivering record keeping to a high standard
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Supported Pathways Co-ordinator – Housing Support
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.