- Pay Rate:
£19.45 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- THAMESMEAD, LONDON,
Temporary Supervisor - Plumbing
Job Ref: Greenwich RQ648445
To be responsible to the Delivery Managers for the co-ordination and direction of a team of employees undertaking building maintenance, building construction or related works in Council properties. To manage and supervise up to 20 staff including those working for subcontractors
- To assist with managing, directing, motivating and developing staff including the allocation work and setting and monitoring standards in line with Council policies and procedures.
- To manage the deployment and allocation of other resources including materials and vehicles related to building works.
- To check, verify and sign time and bonus sheets. To certify job numbers involved.
- To liaise with tenants and the general public during works. To monitor observance with safety requirements and ensure the quality of work is maintained. To attend meetings with staff from Tenancy services, tenants and other groups (outside normal hours as required) and resolve complaints and enquiries.
- To contribute to the operation of and continuous improvement of the ISO 9000 Quality Management system and to carry out the required number of Quality Control Checklists (QCC) per week as directed by the Quality Management System.
- To contribute to the preparation and operation of any CDM site safety plan
- To pre-inspect and assess the level of work required to meet the Council’s objectives and plan the work of the team, ensuring the cost effective use of resources and comply with contract requirements and Standing Orders.
- To check specifications and ensure the suitability of equipment and materials for all types of building works. To produce records on post inspections and ensure all appropriate test certificates are and issued.
- To raise orders for work, as required within the remit of the team’s objectives and are compliant with the Council’s Standing Orders.
- To develop knowledge, experience and maintain best practice and keep abreast of changes in legislation
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Preferably qualified to a City and Guilds Level or NVQ Level 3
- Comprehensive Knowledge of Various Roof types
- Plumbing experience preferably in a supervisor role
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues
- Ability to complete relevant records of job as required, such as job sheets, timesheet
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Supervisor - Plumbing
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.