- Pay Rate:
£11.21 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36.25 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- PRESTON, Lancs,
Full Job Title: Temporary Student Support Assistant – Student Services
Job Reference: CLU RQ679474
Pay Rate: £11.21 per hour PAYE
To provide 1st line support to customers of the University on all aspects of University life, resolving all queries in a timely, accurate and professional manner.
To respond to, understand and use own initiative to solve 1st line student support queries in a timely manner by telephone, email, or in person and logging information in a clear and accurate manner.
- To understand and provide advice and guidance on all aspects of university life referring complex support queries to 2nd and 3rd line or the appropriate service e.g. Careers, Inclusive Support, Counselling, Mental Health and Wellbeing etc.
- To provide a consistently high level of customer service to staff and students, including acting in a courteous manner, tidying and maintaining promotional material in the Student Centre and referring opportunities for improvement to line manager.
- To provide administrative support including but not limited to updating website information, developing user guides and promotional information, producing council tax exemption certificates, confirmation of study letters and other documentation required by students to support their time at UCLan.
- To support key activities which ensure the team meet business need and are flexible enough to adapt as the business changes. This will include but is not limited to support for all aspects of open/applicant days, Welcome and various other Student Support events throughout the year.
- Ensure compliance with relevant GDPR legislation and manage sensitive data and information appropriately and in line with university policies and procedures.
- To assist with, and work on specific university projects as the business requires.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- GCSEs or equivalent secondary qualification including Maths and English at Grade C or equivalent
- Experience in a busy customer environment, helpdesk, or support role.
- Skills & Abilities:
- Proven ability to analyse and solve customer support queries in a timely manner.
- Participate as a member of a team
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to communicate effectively in various scenarios with customers and colleagues
- Ability to plan, prioritise and organise own workload
- Awareness and understanding of confidentiality
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Demonstrate a flexible approach to work and working hours
- Staff may be required to work evening and weekends on an Adhoc basis.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Student Support Assistant – Student Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.