- Pay Rate:
£14.02 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WOOLWICH, LONDON,
Temporary Street Trading & Market Inspector
Job Ref: Greenwich RQ681097
Pay Rate: £14.02 per hour PAYE
To be responsible to the Area Town Centres and Business Engagement Manager, for the enforcement of Acts, Regulations and Bye-Laws etc related to the above mentioned service as directed
- Investigating any trading practices that affect the day-to-day running of the Market and Street Trading within the Borough.
- Investigating any trading practices that affect the issuing or renewing of licences and tenancies for the Market or Street Trading.
- To prepare reports, letters, statements and statistics and maintain records or work registers.
- To collect fees for rent, lighting, refuse, car park, window displays, hire of equipment etc.
- To complete all necessary records and deposit monies in accordance with agreed procedures.
- To collect statistics and trade data from appropriate professional and trade associations or organisations.
- To liaise with members of other Directorates, Authorities and outside organisations as may be necessary.
- To attend meetings and training courses and assist with the training of members of staff, trainees, including those from other Authorities, as may be required.
- To monitor the work of contract cleaning staff to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract as it applies to market cleaning and to refer any deficiencies to the appropriate officer.
- To carry out such duties as may be required in the event of a civil emergency
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Educated to GCSE equivalent or equivalent level of experience/ability
- Experience of working within customer-focused environments
- Experience of complaints handling and management
- Able to work unsupervised, and communicate well, both in writing and orally
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Street Trading & Market Inspector
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.