- Pay Rate:
£9.79 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1 month
Temporary Street Cleansing Operative- Manual Labour
Reference no: UBO 8240313659886
DBS Check required
Clean Driving Licence requiredThe post-holder will carry out routine grounds maintenance operations and street cleansing activities in various locations in accordance with service level agreements under the supervision of the Operations Supervisor.
- Assist the Operational Supervisors in communicating information to ensure good customer service in cleaning the streets of the operational area
- Undertake training on the safe operation and use of any street cleaning equipment where necessary
- Clean given areas to a specified standard removing all litter, animal droppings, leaf and twig fall, dirt and dust, loose chippings and other deposits, using a range of tools provided
- Remove and dispose of small animal carcasses as instructed
- Empty clean and correctly replace litter bins on an agreed emptying schedule
- Remove any reported fly-tipped waste as directed by the line manager, taking due consideration to any possible dangers (for example asbestos or sharps)
- Dispose of waste or recyclables generated in the correctly licensed site, complying with safe working practices
- Work with other street cleaning crews and vehicle in a team to clear areas where necessary
- Maintain and replace waste containers as directed by the Supervisors including basic fixing of wheeled bins, replacing boxes, bins, lids and bags
- Participate in seasonal work and specific project works such as leaf clearance and car park cleaning
- Assist with waste collection & street cleansing activities on a seasonal basis and also with special events & projects, eg. festivals, etc.
- Assist the driver in safe manoeuvring of the vehicle wherever necessary
- Assist with the external and internal cleaning of vehicles
- Comply with the rules of the road – especially the highway code
- Carry out snow clearance duties as directed by Supervisor when required.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Knowledge & Skills
- ROSPA & NRASWA certificate
- Working at Height Qualification
- Rider on Sweepers and Minor operations qualification
- Previous waste and fleet knowledge
- In depth awareness of cleansing/waste management issues.
- Strong numeracy, literacy and IT skills
- Ability to pass on detailed information to others in a manner that is understood
- Customer orientated and able to communicate effectively with a wide range of customers and provide an effective service.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Clean Driving Licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Street Cleansing Operative- Manual Labour
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.