- Pay Rate:
£16.15 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
Temporary Solicitor/Senior Solicitor x2
Reference no: 5203402
Basic DBS required for this role
To undertake a busy caseload of property law work
- To provide a full legal service in the Council’s property transactions, including the carrying out of conveyancing and miscellaneous estate management matters, with appropriate advice to the property client on corporate landholdings and other interests.
- To undertake legal research as necessary on wide ranging subject matters.
- To collate and prepare evidence for presentation before a Court or other Tribunal, discussing matters as necessary with officers from Client Departments and/or other persons as circumstances require.
- To represent the Head of Legal and Corporate Services in the Magistrates’ Court or other Tribunals, as appropriate.
- To instruct and assist Counsel as appropriate, including attending Counsel in conference or at Court.
- To manage own substantial caseload, doing so under the supervision of the Law Practice Manager, ensuring that files are kept in accordance with Lexcel requirements.
- To prepare or assist in the preparation of reports to Council, the Cabinet, Overview and Scrutiny Committee or other bodies and to attend at such forums to give advice as appropriate.
- To communicate and discuss matters with other Council Officers, Council Members and also outside agencies or members of the public, as may be necessary or appropriate.
- To assist the Head of Legal Services and the Law Practice Manager as required
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Experience, Skills, Knowledge / Technical skills
- Solicitor or Barrister
- Suitable post qualification experience, particularly in conveyancing/property
- Good communication and excellent inter-personal skills
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Solicitor/Senior Solicitor x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.