- Pay Rate:
£16.60 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Solicitor - Public Law & Compliance
Reference no: Wiltshire RQ708419
Pay Rate: £16.60 per hour PAYE
A Solicitor is needed to provide specialist professional advice and solutions to enable the most appropriate solutions for a complex work area within and across public law and compliance.
- Provide high quality, well researched legal advice to client departments within agreed timescales.
- Manage and progress a caseload of general legal work for specified client departments.
- Keep relevant stakeholders informed of the progress of the case, taking due regard of court dates, priorities, deadlines, and the unit’s quality standards.
- Undertake advocacy work in relation to straightforward cases of magistrates’ court level (or equivalent), liaising with officers of the courts, solicitors, barristers and their staff, and members of the public, as appropriate.
- In providing legal advice, managing a case, undertaking advocacy and meeting with clients, to take responsibility for demonstrating thorough preparation, research, and application of rigorous analytical problem-solving methods.
- Contribute to the unit’s continued achievement of quality standards, including investors in people and the solicitor’s regulation authority guidelines.
- Participate positively and constructively in the corporate appraisal scheme.
- Ensure that output and quality of work is satisfactory and accords, where appropriate, with current regulations/legislation/court practice.
- Build positive working relationships within the legal unit.
- Work constructively with the regulatory team leader to identify strengths and agree action in relation to development needs.
- Manage own time and prioritise workload effectively.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Degree in relevant profession, or equivalent experience/skills.
- ITQ 2 or equivalent ICT skills and abilities, demonstrating significant experience in related IT systems.
- Expert knowledge of relevant policy, systems, work practices, professional guidelines, legislation in the area of specialism.
- Knowledge and experience of contributing to the development of policies, procedures, and practices.
- Familiar with wider sector / external influences.
- Detailed operational knowledge of systems in terms of functionality, capability, and availability.
- Relevant professional experience post qualification in a similar work environment.
- Experience of co-ordinating projects with service / organisation impact.
- Excellent ICT skills including use of Microsoft applications and specialist systems.
- Proven ability to provide advice and make recommendations based on specialist knowledge of specific area. Highlight and resolve potential risks.
- Excellent interpersonal, persuasion, influencing and negotiating skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven ability to prioritise and co-ordinate workloads, monitor and evaluate work, to ensure deadlines are achieved
- Proven ability to interpret and analyse statistical and numerical data, drawing conclusions from the data to make informed decisions.
- Proven ability to cope with conflicting and changing demands through good time management and the ability to work under pressure.
- Proven ability to produce business focussed, user friendly reports, policy, and project documents where appropriate.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Full Driving licence, access to a vehicle or access to means of mobility support.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Solicitor - Public Law & Compliance
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.