- Pay Rate:
£11.70 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2-3 months
Temporary Social Work Assistant
Job Ref: RQ601130
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
The position is to work with adults aged over 18 who require support to enable safe and timely transfer of care from acute hospital settings. The role will involve working with people who are older, have diagnosis of dementia, people with physical disabilities, people with mental health diagnosis and mild to moderate learning disabilities/and/or autism
- To work with adults, using a strength based approach, who may have a wide range of care and support needs and require support to reduce and manage identified risks.
- To work in partnership and engage other professionals to ensure there is a multi-agency approach which enables the adult and/or their carer to live as independently as possible.
- To meet statutory requirements including best practice in relation to the principles of the Care Act 2014 and the Mental Capacity Act 2005
- To fully engage in reflective practice, demonstrating you are an active member of the team.
- To identify adults and carers who may be at risk and support safeguarding procedures, alongside a qualified social worker
- To participate in a range of meetings with adults and carers’ and exchange information, participate in decision making, with support, and review progress.
- To carry out meaningful conversations which determine eligibility under the Care Act (2014).
- To engage with adults and their carers using a strengths-based approach to identify available resources to meet their needs (wherever possible).
- To build to excellent and effective relationships with other agencies and the local community to sign-post when appropriate.
- To develop creative support plans which focus on the outcomes of adults to promote their independence and ensure Care Act (2014) needs are met in a way which helps to maximise this
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Level 2 qualification (e.g. NVQ2) in health and social care or be able to demonstrate equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of IT packages such as Microsoft Office
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of community resources and how to access these
- Significant experience of working in a health or social care environment, providing advice and support adults with care and support needs with a wide range of needs including learning disabilities, physical disabilities, long term conditions and dementia
- Demonstrable experience in developing and reviewing support plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to liaise effectively and build productive working relationships with other agencies and providers
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Social Work Assistant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.