- Pay Rate:
up to £15.42 per hour PAYE depending on experience
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, 07:00 – 15:45
This opening assignment is for 3 months
- WANDSWORTH, LONDON,
Temporary Skilled Road Worker x2
Job Ref: Richmond & Wandsworth 6335-1
Day to day reactive and planned repairs of, carriageway, footway any other highway requests as directed to safeguard the highway users
- Carry out appropriate vehicle checks, routine maintenance (e.g. oil and water) and cleaning
- An element of direction of the work of lower graded operatives
- Undertake, generally as part of a team, the maintenance and construction of roads and sewers
- The erection and removal of appropriate signs and barriers
- The preparation, application, compaction and removal of soils, rocks, coated and other materials
- Work on highways furniture and equipment e.g. erection, fixing and/or dismantling
- Provide general support and assistance to skilled and specialist operatives
- Duties may include driving of vehicles, and wheeled tractors with simple attachments, and where appropriate, vehicle checks e.g. oil and water, and cleaning
- In addition to the usual range of tools and equipment may be required to operate powered hand tools, minor plant and machinery
- Responsibility for compliance with Health and Safety policies, work specific risk assessments to ensure the safety of the workforce and the public during highway operations
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge of and practical application of highway treatment types, flag stones, kerbs, iron works, spreading and compacting of Bituminous materials
- Knowledge and understanding, including the practical application of NRSWA 1991 re-instatement Specification for Highways
- Keeping records of materials/waste/concrete delivered/collected at depot
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Skilled Road Worker x2
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.