- Pay Rate:
£16.83 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:00-16:00
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
- Stoke on Trent,
Temporary Site Manager x2 – Building Services
Job Ref: Stoke on Trent 5204443
The purpose of this job role is to manage the operational resources (people and physical assets) in order to implement the plan for the assigned project safely, on time and to the required quality, whilst maintaining customers satisfaction and gross profit.
- Delivery and implementation of the operational construction/project plan and ensure compliance with the project's accepted contractual terms and conditions and specifications.
- Ensure that appropriate & adequate site records are maintained including but not limited to, Daily site opening and closure reports, Site Managers Report, daily diary, weekly labour, plant, materials and goods received/returns, progress photographs, Site Inductions, and all relevant Health and Safety records
- Understand the project financial position at all times and contribute to forecasts and managing expenditure.
- Assist the management team in the formulation of contractual strategies relating to Projects, and then ensure that such strategies are implemented
- Work out and plan operational requirements for internal and external resources to ensure the delivery of the construction phase programme.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Relevant competency qualification ie NVQ level 3 or 4 or a extensive experience managing CDM projects / Category 4 training.
- Current CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme qualification.
- A management level CSCS card
- Scaffold 3 day inspection and system scaffold awareness to enable the inspection of traditional and system scaffolding.
- A Temporary works coordinator qualification.
- IOSH Managing Safely.
- SMSTS – Housing.
- A First aid emergency or full qualification.
- Fire Marshall.
- Duty to Manage Asbestos.
- Manual handling.
- A good general knowledge of Housing Maintenance and multi-disciplined project delivery.
Experience & Skills:
- Demonstrate knowledge, expertise and experience in managing social housing projects, refurbishment, planned major & minor works ranging from £10k to £1.5m, repairs and maintenance (5 years minimum).
- Good all round Knowledge of Construction Management, Planning & Programming techniques.
- Detailed, working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and D.M requirements relating to building construction and project delivery.
- Ability to lead by example, manage and motivate work teams and work in a demonstrably professional manner.
- Understanding of Budgets, valuations and costs to ensure projects are delivered within budget.
- Understanding of Contractual requirements and documentation required to manage in accordance with JCT and NEC type contracts.
- IT competence in Excel, word, Project, Power point Etc.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Valid Driving Licence.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Site Manager x2 – Building Services
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.