- Pay Rate:
£16.83 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, 08:00 – 16:00
This opening assignment is assumed to be for a minimum of 1 month
- STOKE ON TRENT,
Full Job Title: Temporary Site Manager – Planned Projects
Reference no: Stoke 5208433
Candidates must have asbestos awareness, first aid and be computer literate.
To manage the on site operational resources (people, supply chain and physical assets) in order to implement the delivery plan for the assigned project safely, on time, to the required quality, whilst maintaining customers’ satisfaction and delivery in accordance to the project budget.
The applicant must be competent in managing subcontractors as all works are via Sub Contract arrangements. Line manager will be available during period however applicants must be self sufficient in their employment.
The purpose of this job role is to manage the operational resources (people and physical assets) in order to implement the plan for the assigned project safely, on time and to the required quality, whilst maintaining customers satisfaction and gross profit.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Qualifications & Knowledge:
- Relevant competency qualification i.e. NVQ level 3 or 4 or a extensive experience managing CDM projects.
- Have a current CITB Site Management Safety Training Scheme qualification.
- A management level CSCS card
- Scaffold 3 day inspection and system scaffold awareness to enable the inspection of traditional and system scaffolding
- A Temporary works coordinator qualification
- A First aid emergency or full qualification is required
- Fire Marshall
- Duty to Manage Asbestos
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual handling
- A good general knowledge of Housing Maintenance and multi-disciplined project delivery
- Demonstrate knowledge, expertise and experience in managing social housing projects, refurbishment, Planned major & minor works ranging from £10k to £1.5m, repairs and maintenance, 5 years minimum experience in delivering projects of this nature are required.
- Good all round Knowledge of Construction Management, Planning & Programming techniques.
- Detailed, working knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation and C.D.M requirements relating to building construction and project delivery.
- Ability to lead by example, manage and motivate work teams and work in a demonstrably professional manner
- Understanding of Budgets, valuations and costs to ensure projects are delivered within budget
- Understanding of Contractual requirements and documentation required to manage in accordance with JCT and NEC type contracts.
- ICT Skills: IT competence in Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint etc.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Ability to be able to travel within local area and on a regional/national basis as and when required.
- Ability to be flexible with working hours and willing to work outside normal working hours to maintain site safety and security
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Site Manager – Planned Projects
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.