- Pay Rate:
£19.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 1-2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Senior Surveyor – Building Control
Reference no: N Yorkshire RQ605882
A DBS disclosure is listed as a requirement for this role; however the level of disclosure has not been specified by the client.
Site visits across the county but option to hybrid work with at least once a week in either the Otley or Northallerton offices
You will be joining a Building Surveying team that work within the company’s multi-discipline workforce of Architects, Building Surveyors, Highways Engineers, Drainage Engineers, M&E Engineers, Quantity Surveyors and Structural Engineers. If you are an energetic, motivated and proactive individual seeking new challenges and want to be part of a successful team in an exciting environment then we would like to hear from you.
You will be providing a variety of services including those relating to building pathology, design, project management, building surveys and contract administration.
Candidates should be qualified and be equipped with suitable experience to manage an increasing project workload.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- A RICS accredited Building Surveying degree
- Ideally working towards an RICS APC
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of, and is competent to work on buildings that contain asbestos.
- Post degree experience working as a Building Surveyor.
- Working knowledge of, and can describe the RICS competence elements with reasonable accuracy and completeness.
- Practical experience of applying knowledge of the RICS competence elements in a number of projects.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and complete some tasks using own judgement, but overall supervision is required, work is reviewed for adequacy on completion.
- Experience mentoring and managing junior members of staff
- Experience of breaking down actions to achieve an overall goal.
- Experience of working closely with other disciplines to produce coordinated deliverables.
- Technical Skills:
- The preparation of building and condition survey reports.
- Investigation and analysis of building defects to develop solutions to building failures.
- The preparation of feasibility studies.
- Ability to produce plans, sections and detailed drawings, specifications, schedules of works and other documents to high standards in conjunction with internal and external design disciplines.
- Contract administration of construction contracts.
- Provide advice on Health and Safety issues throughout the design and construction period of projects, taking into account the Construction Design and Management Regulations.
- The preparation of applications for statutory approval including Planning and Building Control applications. Advises on property legislation and building regulations.
- Ability to provide advice on building related matters including fire safety, sustainability, conservation and restoration.
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: A full UK driving licence
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Surveyor – Building Control
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.