- Pay Rate:
£16.08 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
40, Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 6 months
- Exeter, Devon,
Temporary Senior Software Developer
Reference no: DIGMTO RQ781310
Pay Rate: £16.08 per hour PAYE
SC Clearance required
A Software Developer is required to utilise DevOps to develop and operate several systems that provide API based weather data services for the transport industry e.g., Aviation, Rail & Marine.
Exclusively work on AWS and extensively with the serverless technologies AWS offer and use CDK and Python heavily.
- Design, develop, test and document robust, maintainable & secure code using industry standard patterns as per features described on the backlog.
- Write and maintain automation pipelines for managing CI/CD working environments.
- Take an active role in agile ceremonies including scrums, sprint planning, refinement, and retrospectives.
- Mentor junior software developers within the tribe providing guidance through code reviews and pair programming.
- Take an active role in supporting the tribe’s technical estate during working hours.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Good knowledge and experience of developing and testing software using Python with industry standard patterns.
- Good knowledge and experience of using AWS serverless technologies (Lambda, StepFunctions, DynamoDB, S3, SNS, SQS, CloudWatch, APIGateway, RDS, CloudWatch) within production level IT Systems.
- Good knowledge and experience of building and deploying software into an AWS environment using CDK, codeBuild, codePipeline.
- Experience of using GitHub workflows.
- Experience of using Jenkins to drive CI/CD.
- Experience of working in an Agile SCRUM working environment.
- Communication skills that foster good working relationships with developers, and non-technical stakeholders like Product Owners and Delivery Managers.
- Ability to nurture and bring on junior developers through support and guidance.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Software Developer
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.