- Pay Rate:
£19.04 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
36 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
Temporary Senior Risk Management Officer
Reference no: Wirral RQ504140
The Team is in need of a experienced candidate to support the Risk Continuity and Compliance Manager on the co-ordination and development, maintenance and embedding an effective risk management framework across the Council in line with best professional practice and legislation to ensure appropriate and robust risk management strategies are in place and adhered to.
- Support the Risk Continuity and Compliance Manager in the review and maintenance of the Risk Management Policy and Framework.
- Develop and update corporate risk management documentation and guidance.
- Lead on and contribute to the preparation of highly technical reports and presentations to management teams, project or service Forums/Boards and Governance Groups.
- Provide highly specialised and expert guidance, advice and support to senior leaders and Members directly on the Council’s risk management approach.
- Be the risk management subject matter expert and point of contact.
- Attendance at and reporting to meetings with key stakeholders, which may include Risk Champions, Service Managers, Directors and Assistant Directors, Senior Leadership Team and Elected Members.
- Coordinate risk management awareness centrally throughout the organisation.
- Liaise with Programme Offices on programme and project risk management arrangements and reporting.
- Act as an internal consultant for those who require help in developing and reviewing risk registers.
- Review Directorate Risk Registers and provide constructive criticism/acts as a critical friend.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Prior experience of the development of risk management within a diverse and corporate environment.
- Knowledge of working in public sector environment and/or understanding of unique challenges.
- Understanding and exposure to other areas of general risk management.
- Risk management qualification, e.g. Registered Risk Practitioner (RRP) by ALARM/Institute of Risk Management (IRM), IRM certification and Management of Risk (MoR).
- Able to communicate and provide support, at all levels across the organisation, on risk management methodologies, appetite, and culture.
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.