- Pay Rate:
£17.05 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
35-37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 4 months
Temporary Senior HR Consultant
Reference no: Norfolk 1004675114162264
Pay Rate: £17.05 per hour PAYE
A HR Consultant is needed to manage the Human Resources Transactions administration team, and act as the lead HR professional to deliver an effective and efficient service in support of the client’s people management, organisational development strategies, practices, and legislative requirements.
- Applying high quality, risk assessed and effective solutions that contribute to the achievement of successful service delivery.
- provide operational HR support and advice to managers and HR colleagues.
- allocate resources and plan the work of the team to ensure customer needs are responded to in a timely manner and resources are used effectively, escalating appropriately if there are conflicts in demands.
- Drive the move to greater self-service and self-sufficiency through the identification and implementation of new working arrangements and tools.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Chartered MCIPD qualification or CIPD qualified with equivalent experience.
- Degree-level knowledge and understanding of people-management related principles.
- Detailed knowledge of Local Authority HR standards and policies, and the underpinning employment law framework.
- Understanding of developments and initiatives affecting relevant workforces.
- Experience of team management or supervision.
- Experience of developing HR delivery to utilise technology and other enablers.
- Experience of operational management.
- Experience of working within HR in a public sector or large and complex organisation.
- Experience of production and analysis of HR employee lifecycle data metrics.
- Able to motivate and supervise a professional team.
- Able to operate with little supervision.
- Able to support managers through employee lifecycle transactional changes to ensure successful service delivery and culture change.
- Excellent verbal and written skills (to be able to facilitate solutions, coach people, and write high quality letters regarding HR issues).
- Strong negotiation, advocacy and influencing skills (to work with Unions, managers, and employees).
- Able to adapt communication and negotiation style to suit varied situations and people, including displaying confidence, and assertive behaviour as appropriate in difficult situations.
- Ability to engage and network with range of stakeholders, to influence approaches to service delivery and to encourage more effective approaches, adapting communication and negotiation style to suit varied situations and people.
- Ability to present complex technical issues in a simple and easy to understand way for internal and external audiences.
- Well-developed analytical and data reporting skills.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
If you are successful in securing this role, please note that for the entire duration of this contract, regardless of extension you will be working this role at the PAYE rate that has been advertised. For absolute clarity, we only work on a PAYE basis, rather than entertaining umbrella pay terms, we do not offer Ltd/umbrella or outside IR35 rates. If you wish to understand PAYE vs Umbrella more, please let us know and we can send you some additional information for clarity.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Give yourself the best chance of success - View our CV Tip
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior HR Consultant
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.