- Pay Rate:
£17.00 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
33 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Temporary Senior HR Advisor - Human Resources
Reference no: Worcestershire RQ683432
Pay Rate: £17.00 per hour PAYE
The purpose of the role is to provide a comprehensive HR advisory and support service to Heads of Service, Senior and Operational Managers across WCC / WCF. Lead on the development and promotion of HR policies, procedures and change projects, as appropriate and as part of the Human Resources service plan and wider strategy.
- Provide wide-ranging HR Advice across WCC / WCF.
- Take the operational HR lead on assigned project and complex casework, helping to support service development needs and ensuring the maintenance and delivery of key HR quality support standards.
- Provide cover across the HR team and to participate in cover arrangements as appropriate (e.g. advice and guidance & consultation mailbox).
- Assist in the continued development of the HR team and service, the development (and delivery) of quality standards and to undertake performance monitoring.
- Advise managers on recruitment and selection issues, including development of job descriptions, person specifications, the whole grading process, selection processes and participating in selection processes when necessary.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new or revised policies and procedures. To ensure that new policies are communicated to Managers and that relevant training and coaching is provided to support Managers in the use of the new policies.
- Ensure the maintenance and development of effective working practices within the HR service and the maintenance of professional standards.
- Consult and negotiate with employees and trade unions on an informal and formal basis.
- Prepare and present reports to senior managers, Human Resources Leadership Team and Directorate Management Team and participate in Human Resources Team meetings.
- Ensure that recruitment and selection procedures are effectively undertaken, participating in selection panels when necessary.
- Ensure that maintenance of computerised and manual personnel record systems is in line with DPA principles.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- CIPD qualified or can demonstrate equivalent compensatory experience.
- Evidence of continuing professional development.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- Substantial experience of providing a professional generalist HR service, advising across a full range of employment matters.
- Substantial experience of case or change management based on the application of policies and procedures which comply with current employment law.
- Significant experience of working at a senior level, handling complex and contentious cases and advising managers at correspondingly senior levels, up to and including dismissal decision hearings.
- Considerable experience of participating in appeals against dismissal and Employment Tribunal cases.
Skills & Knowledge:
- Expert and up-to-date knowledge of employment law.
- Expert knowledge of HR policies, procedures and practices which comply with employment law, preferably as applied in a large organization.
- A high level of ability to analyse complex situations, identify the essential issues, and find solutions to these.
- Ability to think creatively and adopt a flexible approach to service development.
- Excellent influencing and negotiating skills at all levels.
- Customer focus to achieve business outcomes/objectives.
- Proven ability to work co-operatively across a range of multi-disciplinary groups and teams.
- Good organisational and planning and time management skills
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
To help speed up the process of uploading your CV to the client we would suggest that you send us your CV in Word format (or equivalent) if possible, rather than as a PDF.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior HR Advisor - Human Resources
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.