- Pay Rate:
£18.85 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 7-8 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Senior HR Advisor – Employee Relations
Reference no: Bournemouth 5212048
The role will be mainly home based with occasional collaboration in the office. The Applicant can choose to work in the office anytime. The office space is a hot desking environment in Bournemouth.
The role holder will need experience of supervising a team of professional HR Advisers and supporting the day to day complex casework, including one to ones, coaching and supporting risk based decisions . Experience in these areas is essential. This is not an entry level HR Advisory role.
Support the ER & Reward Manager in coordinating an effective employee relations service, with a focus on achieving proactive and consistent advice across services.
- Proactively manage and take decisions in relation to complex ER cases
- Supervise HR Advisors to deliver a high performing advisory service providing insight, advice and solutions around all areas of policy and procedure.
- Be the first point of contact for HR Advisors to escalate cases and coordinate a pragmatic risk based approach, which balances risk against organisational benefit
- Facilitate complex case reviews to enable outcome focussed decisions including the need for a strategic approach to case work providing oversight to ensure the best outcome for the council
- Monitor trends in employment practices and advise on appropriate proactive action
- Interpret statistics, including Employee Relations performance indicators to influence business planning, staff management and decision making across the area of responsibility
- Coach, train and develop managers in best practice employee relations and softer skills
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Ability to advise on all HR polices and procedures
- Demonstrate CPD and up-to-date knowledge of changes to case law, legislation and best practice
- Experience of employee relations in a unionised environment
- Supervise/ guide HR Advisors with and coach as necessary to progress high risk complex cases.
- It will be an expectation to comfortably make decisions in relation to complex cases and only escalate high risk cases by exception.
- Facilitate complex case reviews
- Understanding of local government
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements: Must be able to travel, using public or other forms of transport where they are viable, or by holding a valid UK driving licence with access to own or pool car
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior HR Advisor – Employee Relations
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.