- Pay Rate:
£17.37 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Senior Housing Officer (Disabled Grants) – Private Sector
Job Ref: 0006 46D3 / 1
Basic DBS required
To assess enquiries and applications for Disabled Facilities Grants, including visiting properties to assess whether works are reasonable and practicable as well as the general condition of the property. Calculation of grant amounts and re-approvals is fundamental to this job, as is answering queries from the public, housing associations, the Home Improvement Agency and social care staff. Previous experience in this area is ideal but not essential. The postholder will only need to assist in other areas of the teams work (eg enforcement of housing standards) if there is unforeseen demand in that area.
- Carry out comprehensive property surveys and prepare detailed schedules for such assistance in accordance with relevant Building Regulations, Decent Homes Standard, HHSRS, Lifetime Homes Standard, HMO standards and statements of need prepared by the Council’s Occupational Therapy Service, as appropriate.
- Determine grant / loan eligibility and process applications in respect of DFGs and other grants and loans offered by the Council.
- Undertake Health Impact Assessments of conditions contributing to health-related inequality
- Inspect and supervise works in progress, in conjunction with the Council’s inspecting officer, when requested.
- Liaise with the Council’s nominated home improvement agency and other partners involving schemes for individual clients and general housing initiatives relating to health and wellbeing.
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience and sound practical and theoretical knowledge sufficient to carry out the duties of Private Sector Housing Officer.
- Experience of calculating grants and re-approvals for Disabled Facilities Grants (desirable).
- Understanding and appreciation of the needs of older, disabled and vulnerable individuals and households.
- Knowledge of Home Improvement Agency services.
- Ability to undertake site visits and inspections at various locations throughout the borough.
- Broad experience of using environmental health and housing legislation to enforce and raise standards in private sector housing.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to customer service excellence.
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temp Senior Housing Officer (Disabled Grants) – Private Sector
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.