- Pay Rate:
£19.59 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Senior Estates Surveyor - Technical
Reference no: Shropshire RQ614553
An opportunity exists for an enthusiastic individual to join the Estates team within Property and Development, undertaking a range of interesting and challenging work including estate management, asset valuations, acquisitions and disposals within the corporate landlord model.
You will be qualified to RICS level or equivalent, with a minimum of 7 years appropriate post qualification or equivalent demonstrable experience, preferably with some experience in Local Government with commercial acumen in order to maximise the Capital and Revenue Receipts.
You will need to be an effective team builder/worker and problem solver/communicator, able to develop good working relationships with staff at all levels and outside bodies, organisations and companies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy and enthusiastic team of professionals within a friendly working environment.
- To carry out valuation and estate management work in connection with the disposal of surplus property, the taking and granting of leases, tenancies, easements, licences, wayleaves etc, the acquisition of property and general advice on property matters
- To carry out valuations for acquisition leasing and sale of land and buildings, Asset Valuations and Reinstatement Cost Assessments
- To be responsible for managing properties as part of the Corporate Landlord Model
- As required, reviewing the rateable values of the properties, submitting appeals to the Valuation Office Agency in respect of Rateable Value assessments, negotiating with the Valuation Office Agency or attending Valuation Tribunal to present evidence in support of the appeal
- To draft reports to other departments and committees and, where appropriate, seek approval from senior officers
- To take decisions as part of negotiations and estate management and under supervision to appraise selected property cases in the corporate interest and make appropriate recommendations
- To develop and maintain an effective working relationship with Senior Officers and Chief Officers of all departments and all levels of the public and private sector, professional advisers, elected representatives and the general public
“Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (MRICS) or equivalent professional qualification
- RICS Registered Valuer or equivalent.
- At least 7 years’ post qualification or equivalent experience
- Ability to work efficiently and effectively
- Recent estates management experience
- Detailed knowledge of the necessary legislation, procedures and legal requirements needed to provide a professional estates management service.
- Ability to undertake complex valuations in accordance with RICS standards
- Excellent negotiating skills
- The ability to understand complex deals to obtain the best return
- A substantial working knowledge of valuations, acquisitions, management and disposal of all types of commercial property and knowledge of residential property
- The ability to express complex issues both orally and in writing
- The ability to communicate and organise effectively and to develop and maintain constructive relationships with others
- Current Driving Licence and access to a car
- Ability to be flexible and work out of hours and weekends if required
- ICT Skills: Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite).
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
Other “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above - your CV must address the requirements listed.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
- An appropriate property related degree
- Experience of property matters in external organisations
- A knowledge of the democratic system and how it affects decision making in local authority, together with an awareness of current initiatives for the delivery of local government services
- Knowledge of the Corporate Landlord model
- Excellent report writing skills
- Understanding of general health and safety legislation
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Estates Surveyor - Technical
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.