- Pay Rate:
£19.14 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 3 months
Temporary Senior Energy & Carbon Officer – Environment
Reference no: W Berkshire 5206244
The Pay Rate is negotiable for the right candidate – please state pay expectation clearly on your CV.
This role can be home based once inducted. Flexibility can be discussed for the right candidate.
To contribute towards, and where appropriate lead, the Council’s commitment in achieving carbon neutrality within its own building portfolio and operational activities, and the district, by 2030.
To provide strategic and operational guidance to key stakeholders on all matters relating to energy, energy efficiency and reduction, and renewable technology.
- Support and assist the Energy & Carbon Manager in identifying ‘best practice’ energy management systems, strategies, activities and initiatives that can be adopted and implemented by the Council in the short, medium and long term
- Maintaining up to date knowledge of central government, regional and local strategies in all matters relating to energy, energy efficiency and reduction, and renewable technology
- Responsible for sourcing and overseeing the delivery of the Council’s central energy contracts and associated operational contracts, e.g. MOP, ensuring that these remain value for money and issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Keeping abreast of energy market trends, pricing, legislative impacts and intelligence on energy and non-energy costs.
- To promote and maintain strong internal and external stakeholder engagement in all matters relating to energy, energy efficiency and reduction, and renewable technology
- To lead and manage the delivery of Energy & Carbon Management Team projects and, where appropriate, ensuring that on-going operational responsibilities of any project outcomes are agreed from the outset.
- To provide timely assistance, technical support and guidance to Council Service Areas, including Schools, in the delivery of their projects and day to day activities to ensure that energy and carbon impacts are identified and considered
- Responsible for regular enquiries from members of the public and external organisations, and providing timely advice and guidance
- Responsible for overseeing and managing the delivery of the Council’s key objective of smart metering, and where appropriate sub-metering, all of its operational buildings, and ensuring robust processes are in place to capture and record the resultant data
- Responsible for managing, monitoring and periodically reviewing the Council’s energy management & monitoring software, ensuring that this remains up to date, that service users are appropriately trained and engaged, and operational outcomes are fed into the Council’s strategic decision making process
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Educated to degree level or an equivalent professional qualification
- Formal qualification in Project Management - desirable
- Significant experience in the use of project management methods and quality management systems in a service delivery environment
- Experience of public sector budgetary and procurement practice
- Experience in working with consultants and contractors
- Experience in writing contract specifications and tendering processes
- Experience of retrofitting energy efficiency measures and technology into existing buildings
- Good working knowledge of the UK Energy Market, practices and Legislation
- Good working knowledge of renewable energy technology
- A good understanding of Environmental Legislation
- A good understanding of sustainability in a local government context
- Skills & Abilities:
- Well-developed influencing and negotiating skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people, verbally and in writing
- Ability to analyse, interpret and report large amounts of data
- ICT Skills:
- Ability to use Outlook, and a web browser to access information
- Basic ability to use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc.)
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Energy & Carbon Officer – Environment
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.