- Pay Rate:
£12.44 per hour PAYE
- Hours per Week:
37 Monday – Friday, normal working hours
This opening assignment is for 2 months
Full Job Title: Temporary Senior Caseworker – Housing Management
Reference no: Lewes RQ592516
Willingness to undertake or have a DBS Clearance
To manage a patch of properties carrying out Landlord Housing Management functions within the jurisdiction of the Council.
- To act as lead case owner in one or more area of functional specialism, personally owning the resolution of some complex cases.
- Assist with the design and development of tools and guidance notes for the areas of specialism to enable the team to self-serve and widen their knowledge.
- Promoting new ways of working, responsible for multi-skilling people within teams and encouraging knowledge sharing across case work teams.
- Lead and coordinate case management work where the customer has multiple processes/services underway – this delivers the ‘one case owner’ principle.
- Assist with knowledge sharing across other Customer First and Homes First teams.
- Support the delivery of a tenancy management service across the locality.
“Specific Role Requirements” – to give yourself the maximum chance of success please try and ensure your CV addresses the following essential criteria:
- Housing qualification and or/work related experience including the management of social housing
- Proven competence/expertise in an area of social housing.
- Working in a front line public service team.
- Working within budgets and meeting financial targets – desirable
- Managing complaints and successfully resolving difficult problems
- Working with external agencies and service providers
- Tenancy management including engagement with residents, managing anti social behaviour and court proceedings.
- Best practice relevant to the post, e.g. tackling anti-social behaviour, succession, mutual exchange and estate management.
- Knowledge of housing law and relevant legislation.
- Tenancy Management and enforcement.
- Knowledge of the Care Act & Mental Health Act
- Professional boundaries and safeguarding good practices.
- Tenancy management and retirement housing Issues relating to older people.
- Data protection.
- Project and/or change management.
- ICT Skills: IT skills including Microsoft packages or equivalent (e.g. G Suite)
NB: Please feel free to apply to us direct via [email protected] by quoting the job reference and job title exactly. SEE DETAILS AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS AD.
If you have previously applied to one of our vacancies and have already sent the required supporting documentation to us, please make this clear when you re-apply as this will help speed up your application.
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for.
“Other Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- *** Other Work-Related Requirements:
- Ability to undertake site visits.
- Full driving licence and access to own vehicle with business insurance.
- Be available to work additional hours outside of normal working hours when need arises.
- Ability to travel across the locality
- Willingness to work within the Competency Framework.
- Please refer to the Role Requirements section above – your CV must address the requirements listed
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Email Job Reminder
If you do not have a CV available right now please use this form to send yourself a reminder. When your CV is available, simply click the link in the email or alternatively reply to that email with your attached your CV.
Temporary Senior Caseworker – Housing Management
Your CV needs to be current with your most recent role. We won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately without having to ask for revisions.
Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” of the role. Ideally you will address the “Essential Requirements” on each job description page directly, in a bullet point list. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
We do not put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in contains all relevant information being called for.
We recommend that you consider sending us a CV suitably tailored CV for each role that you apply for. Job board aggregator sites will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting, so this is to your advantage.